Char-Koosta News

The Official Publication of the Flathead Nation online

For the Record
June 2013

Lois Amelia Adams Smith
ST. IGNATIUS — Lois Amelia Adams Smith was born November1,1959 in Mission to Lawrence and Adele Adams. She went home on Wednesday, June 26, 2013. She was the youngest of five children, but had an older half-brother.

Lois attended Camas Prairie Elementary School, Hot Springs Elementary, Hot Springs High School and Worley High School. It was at Worley High School where she met and married her husband of 36 years, Stephen Smith. They had one child, Adam Smith, and she became a step-mother to Stephen Smith Jr., Raymond Smith and Angela Smith.

Before she passed, she had gone to Worley, Idaho, to be close to her mother, due to her older brother having passed.

Lois had always been a hard worker and has worked at Tribal Forestry. She loved to hunt, fish, and ride horses. Her passion for her little dogs is unmatched. She loved them very much. She was always rescuing dogs and caring for them.

Preceded in death by her father, Lawrence Adams, Sr.; her older brother, Lawrence Adams; her step-father, Bill Meshell; half-brother, Isaak Adams; nephew, Michael White; aunties and uncles from his dad’s side, Dorothy, Christine, Sugar, Jack, Alex, and Bob; grandparents, John and Mary Ellen Adams; aunties and uncles from his mom’s side, John Paul, Jr., Carol, Cady, Josephine, and Mose Paul; grandparents, John Peter and Agnes Paul; and great-grandparent, Clarice Paul.

Survivors include her husband, Stephen Smith; mother, Adele; her son, Adam (Linda) Smith; step-children, Stephen (Marian) Smith, Jr., Raymond and Angela; grandchildren, Alexander and Amanda Pearson, Travern, Madison, Telese, Haven, Moses, AJ, Cenoah, Tiffany and Jessica Smith; great-grandchildren, Kalynn and Wyatt Miljies, and Belladonna Sluder; sisters and brothers, Mary (Nelson), Bob, and Tony (Debby); uncle, Phillip (Debbie); aunt, Nancy (Leon); aunt, Cecile; niece, Carletta (kids); her many nieces and nephews; and all her friends at Tribal Forestry.

Lawrence Pierre Adams
Lawrence Pierre Adams was born March 1, 1955, in Mission to Lawrence and Adele Adams. He went home on Saturday June 22, 2013. He was the oldest of five children, but had an older half brother. He lived a traditional life and was a fluent Salish Speaker.

Lawrence attended Camas Prairie Elementary School, Hot Springs Elementary and Hot Springs High School.

He was proud of his nieces and nephews and loved his family.

In his early years, he worked at Lake Potato Farm, BIA Foretsry, Couer D’ Alene Tribe and Couer D’Alene Casino. In his last years, he was unable to work due to his health problems. But it did not stop him from being an avid auto mechanic. He was a member of the Adams Demolition Derby Team, which included his brother, Tony, Sr.; and nephews, John, Tony, Jr., and Jerry Johnson; and Pitman, Randy Blixt.

Lawrence enjoyed conversations with his nephew, John; they would talk for hours and hours about cars and life.

Preceded in death by his father, Lawrence Adams, Sr.; his stepfather, Bill Meshell; half-brother, Isaak Adams; nephew, Michael White; aunties and uncles from his dad’s side, Dorothy, Christine, Sugar, Jack, Alex, and Bob; and grandparents, John and Mary Ellen Adams. Aunties and uncles from his mom’s side, John Paul, Jr., Carol, Cady, Josephine, and Mose Paul; grandparents, John Peter and Agnes Paul; and great-grandparent, Clarice Paul.

Surviviors include his mother, Adele; sisters and brothers, Mary (Nelson), Lois (Steve), Bob, Tony (Debby), Uncle Phillip (Debbie), Aunt Nancy (Leon), and Aunt Cecile; niece, Carletta (kids); his many nieces and nephews; and the Demolition Derby Team Members.

A wake will begin at 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2013, at the Longhouse in St. Ignatius, with Rosary being recited at 8 p.m. that evening. Wake closing will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, with Mass following at 11 a.m. in the St. Ignatius Mission. Interment will follow in Snylemn Sntmtmne. Condolences may be left at

James W. Fisher
ARLEE — James W. Fisher, our beloved father, brother, uncle, and grandfather began his journey home on Saturday June 29, 2013, on his 75th birthday.

He was born June 29, 1938 in Valley Creek to Beatrice and Felix Fisher. James was an enrolled member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribe. Before moving to Arlee, he lived and worked in Hamilton, where he had the first racing stripe on a car.

Hamilton was also where he met the love of his life, Violet Joyce Redhorn. Together they had five children. After serving in the Army where he was a MP, he came home and went to work at the sawmill in Darby, then worked at Alpine Log Homes in Victor, where his personal best was peeling 1000 feet in a day!

Upon selling their house in Hamilton, James and Joyce bought a school bus, which was converted into a home, and they did some traveling around Montana and Canada, seeing many awesome sites before settling in Arlee for the past 34 years.

He was a good hunter and for many years, he was up early heading into the woods and bringing back a deer to make dry meat. He always provided for the family. He was a self-taught mechanic, always keeping the family vehicles running good. He was self-employed in post and poles, Christmas trees and wood cutting.

He enjoyed traveling with his family and dancing at powwows. He was an avid stickgame player and enjoyed seeing and visiting with many friends.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Violet Joyce Redhorn; daughter, Jamie Lynn “Buzzy” Fisher; brothers, Raymond Fisher and LeRoy Fisher; and brother-in-law, Dean Spletztoser.

Survivors include his sister, Phyllis Spletztoser; brother, Felix Fisher, Jr.; daughters, Victoria B. Fisher, of Pablo, and Karol J. Fisher, of Polson; sons, Steven M. Fisher, of Arlee, and James W. (Wanda) Fisher, Jr., of Ronan; grandchildren Josh, Rita, Jeneca, Jolynn, Karissa, Savannah, Chino, Taz, Alan and Donny Prindel, Bambi Mitchell, Melvin “Champ” Fisher, and Jisah Plante; his great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews, as well numerous others whom he called family.

A wake began Monday in the Arlee Community Center, with the Rosary being recited on Tuesday at the Center. Mass was recited Wednesday in the Center, followed with Military honors being presented at the Jocko Cemetery.

Condolences may be left at

Mary Jean "Bugs" Decker
ST. IGNATIUS — Mary Jean "Bugs" Decker was the youngest daughter born to Fred H. and Eileen S. Decker on September 1, 1960 in Ronan. She passed away on June 17, 2013, in St. Ignatius. She leaves behind her daily struggle to keep a free and clear mind affected by an illness controlled only by medications.

She attended the Ursaline Elementary School in St. Ignatius, the Ronan Public Schools and graduated from Juneau Douglas High School, Juneau, Alaska in 1978. She participated in the foreign exchange student program at Juneau Douglas High School and traveled from Alaska to England, coming back with many interesting stories. She attended the Colorado Institute of Art, studying Photography after her graduation. Subsequently, she attended Salish Kootenai College and the University of Montana.

Mary was an avid photographer and enjoyed taking pictures of family, friends and scenery.Especially enjoying the scenery of the Mission Mountains from the time she was very young. The Mission Mountains and her grandchildren were some of her favorite subjects to photograph. She shared her love of the mountains with her grandchildren, taking them on numerous picnics to roast hotdogs and marshmallows. She was very kind to all animals and took in many stray cats and dogs. She loved all of her family very much and showed it every day.

Mary had a variety of work experiences. She worked as a Claims Clerk for Tribal Health, Pizza Cook at Allards’ General Store, Personal Care Attendant for Closer to Home, and had her own internet business, Rainbow Gifts Galore.

Mary Jean is preceded in death by her parents, Fred H. Decker and Eileen Swaney Decker.

Mary Jean is survived by her daughters, Victoria Decker-Butler (Les), of Dixon, and Pauline Never Miss a Shot, St. Ignatius; her grandchildren, Alejandra, Ezeckial, Robert and Caramia; brother, Daniel Decker; sister, Denise Morigeau (Gary), of St. Ignatius; and her nieces and nephews.

Pallbearers are Doug Swaney, Lawrence Swaney, Josh Decker, Shawn Decker, Dan Decker, Wyatt Decker, Rick Steele, Bill Steele, Francis Lozeau Steele and Francis McDonald, Jr.

A funeral service was held Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at the Steven’s residence. Burial followed at the Decker Family Cemetery. A dinner was held in Mary Jean’s honor at the Steven’s residence after the interment. Messages of condolences may be shared with the family online at

Agnes “Babe” Schneider King
Agnes “Babe” Schneider King, 99, left her family June 30, 2013 after a long and eventful life.

She was the baby sister born to George and Anna Ida Schneider on April 24, 1914 in Helena Montana. Her family owned and operated Haps Bar and Capital City Bowling Alley in Helena for many years. On December 24, 1934 she married Earl Willis King. They moved to Portland, Oregon, to help with the war effort for two years, and then moved to their final home in St. Ignatius to raise their three children. She lost her husband, Earl, on April 1, 1963. She is best known for her work at the old and new St. Ignatius Hospital. She worked the floor and emergency room for 28 years as a Nurses’ Assistant. She delivered two of her grandchildren there. She worked with the Election Board and Catholic Ladies Guild for many years, and her Ladies Bridge Club got together for too many years to remember. Her favorite place to “get away” was her cabin on the Little Thompson River that her son Russell built in 1972. She and the “old crow” crew spent many days visiting, playing cribbage or playing any number of card games. Her daughter Meralise and family lived just down the road from her until she had to sell it in 1986, after too many years on her feet. Her back and hip were giving her too many problems to continue the trip to Plains. Her family will remember their grandma "Babe" as the brassiest card playing grandma around.

Besides her husband, she was preceded in death by her brothers, Raymond Schneider, and his wife Susie, and George Schneider, and his wife Doris; her grandson, John Michael King; and her son-in-law, George Nass.

She is survived by her two daughters, Meralise Nass, of Plains, Clione (Louie) Blood, of St. Ignatius; son, Russell (Trina) King, of Ronan; six grandchildren; 11 great- grandchildren; and six great great-grandchildren.

The family would like to thank the Hillside Manor for her excellent care.

Rosary service will be Friday, July 5 at 7:00 p.m. at Foster Funeral Home. Her funeral mass will take place Saturday, July 6 at 1:00 p.m. at the St. Ignatius Mission. Inurnment will follow at the Pleasant View Cemetery. A lunch reception will follow in the basement of the St. Ignatius Mission. In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the St. Ignatius Mission Restoration.

Lawrence Pierre Adams
Lawrence Pierre Adams was born March 1, 1955, in Mission to Lawrence and Adele Adams. He went home on Saturday June 22, 2013. He was the oldest of five children, but had an older half brother. He lived a traditional life and was a fluent Salish Speaker.

Lawrence attended Camas Prairie Elementary School, Hot Springs Elementary and Hot Springs High School.

He was proud of his nieces and nephews and loved his family.

In his early years, he worked at Lake Potato Farm, BIA Foretsry, Couer D’ Alene Tribe and Couer D’Alene Casino. In his last years, he was unable to work due to his health problems. But it did not stop him from being an avid auto mechanic. He was a member of the Adams Demolition Derby Team, which included his brother, Tony, Sr.; and nephews, John, Tony, Jr., and Jerry Johnson; and Pitman, Randy Blixt.

Lawrence enjoyed conversations with his nephew, John; they would talk for hours and hours about cars and life.

Preceded in death by his father, Lawrence Adams, Sr.; his stepfather, Bill Meshell; half-brother, Isaak Adams; nephew, Michael White; aunties and uncles from his dad’s side, Dorothy, Christine, Sugar, Jack, Alex, and Bob; and grandparents, John and Mary Ellen Adams. Aunties and uncles from his mom’s side, John Paul, Jr., Carol, Cady, Josephine, and Mose Paul; grandparents, John Peter and Agnes Paul; and great-grandparent, Clarice Paul.

Surviviors include his mother, Adele; sisters and brothers, Mary (Nelson), Lois (Steve), Bob, Tony (Debby), Uncle Phillip (Debbie), Aunt Nancy (Leon), and Aunt Cecile; niece, Carletta (kids); his many nieces and nephews; and the Demolition Derby Team Members.

A wake will begin at 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2013, at the Longhouse in St. Ignatius, with Rosary being recited at 8 p.m. that evening. Wake closing will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, with Mass following at 11 a.m. in the St. Ignatius Mission. Interment will follow in Snylemn Sntmtmne. Condolences may be left at

Sherry (Barber) Saddler
Sherry (Barber) Saddler passed away on June 21, 2013. She is an enrolled member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes from the Flathead Reservation in Montana. She was born in 1937 in St. Ignatius, Montana, to the late Ruby McLeod and Emmanuel Barber. The second of eight siblings (Dick, Jim, Bea, Pat, Scott, Sam and Tom), she grew up in Ronan Montana.

She worked for several years as a Mental Health Specialist for the Lummi, Swinomish and Upper Skagit Tribes of Washington State, and has been employed in Native Human Services Programs for nearly thirty years. Her Native healing path has taken her on many journeys throughout Indian Country in Missoula, Montana, and the Flathead Reservation as a Head Start Parent Involvement Specialist, Community Development Project Director, Native Narcotic Treatment Program Director, Missoula Indian Center Director, Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor and Mental Health provider, consultant and trainer. Sherry’s focus has always been working toward identifying strengths and resiliency factors in Native families and individuals. Her work with survivors of sexual abuse, families in pain and family violence is characterized by a deep psychological meaning based on the belief in wholeness and interconnectedness of life. Through her work, Sherry provided many healing words to the communities.

She is survived by her loving husband, Joseph Saddler, of Pablo, and eight children; Kathy (Lynn) Olsen, of Charlo, Roxy (Dan) Guenzler, of Arlington, Washington, Patti Hibbeler, of Phoenix, Arizona, Traci (Jim) Dalton, of Missoula, Shawn Saddler, of Rocky Boy, Shane (Luanda) Saddler, of Rocky Boy, Jeremy Saddler, of Rocky Boy, and Tosawi (Alecia) Saddler, of Mcloud, Oklahoma. She is loved dearly by 18 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.

Funeral services were held Monday, June 24, 2013, in the Arlee Senior Citizens Center in Arlee. Interment was in the Jocko Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Eagle Bank Polson, Montana, on behalf of Sherry Saddler. All donations will be given to local charities in Sherry’s name. Condolences may be left at

Thomas Jay Peterson
Quote by Vince Lombardi:
“After the cheers have died down and the stadium is empty, after the headlines have been written and after you are back in the quiet of your room and the championship ring has been placed on the dresser and all the pomp and fanfare has faded, the enduring things that are left are: the dedication to victory, and the dedication to doing with our lives the very best we can to make the world a better place in which we live”

RONAN — Thomas Jay Peterson, 45, “Coach P”, died peacefully at home surrounded by loved ones on June 13, 2013, after a long courageous struggle with colon cancer.

Tom was born October 22, 1967 in Great Falls, to Gene and Dianne Peterson. He grew up in Lolo, graduating from Big Sky High School in 1986. He attended The University of Montana with a degree in Psychology, and most recently was working toward a Masters in Educational Administration.

Bobbi Mitchell-Jore and Tom were married in 1996, having two beautiful children Ashley, 15, and Nic, 12. They later divorced.

Tom worked at St. Patrick Hospital, was a business owner of Chem-Dry, and worked at Peterson Advertising Specialties, until he began at the Ronan Schools. While there, he initiated and implemented the "Safe School, Healthy Student" campaign, as the behavioral specialist. He did his student teaching in geography, American government and economics.

His greatest passions were his children and coaching. If Tom wasn’t on a sports field, he was with his kids and most often they were all found together on the field. Whether teaching Ashley to cook, coaching her basketball team, or playing catch with Nic, his wisdom, humor, and playfulness were always a part of his love for them.

At a young age his love of coaching began in Lolo with his sister’s softball team. "Coach P" found his calling, leading him from Missoula, to coaching both fast pitch softball and football. He was the head football coach for the Arlee Warriors, and St. Ignatius Bulldogs. He was also the softball coach and special teams and defensive line coach for the Ronan Maidens and Chiefs. He loved and found inspiration from the kids he coached.

Tom still had his home in St. Ignatius, but lived with Bobbi and her husband, Matt. They generously opened their home so he could be close to his children while receiving treatment. Tom’s mom, sisters and brother in-law, (his doctor), were his caregivers and were there every step of the way.

His family is grateful to the many friends who called, emailed, stopped by to visit, encouragde him, or even to sneak him treats. He was a very lucky man. Your kindness’ truly lifted his spirits.

Tom was a son to be proud of, a brother to look up to, a devoted father, a favorite uncle, a treasured friend, a prized nephew, and an adored cousin.

He is survived by his children, Ashley and Nic; and dog, Packer, of Ronan. His parents, Gene and Dianne Peterson, of Stevensville; sisters, Jodee, her husband, Adam Fleck, and their children Osher, Elan, and Afton, Carlsbad, California; Stephanie and her husband, Sam Wallace, and their children Sophia and Baret, of Missoula; and Jenny Peterson and her son, Collin, of Missoula.

The celebration of Tom’s life will be July 2, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at the Ronan Community Center. There will be a reception/pot luck following at the Community Center where we would love to hear your stories of Tom. Condolences may be left at

Sophie Elizabeth Barnaby Tellier
ST. IGNATIUS — Sophie Elizabeth Barnaby Tellier has gone on to join her brother, John Pierre "Bud" Barnaby, at the gates of heaven on June 6, 2013.

Sophie began her journey in life being born in St. Ignatius. She always told us that she was born at a dance, her mom gave birth to her and rejoined the "shindig" at the old Ashley home at the base of the Mission Mountains. She was brought to the Ursline's at an early age and called this her home for many years. She always talked about how she had to save her little brother and would tangle with anyone who messed with him as she was very protective of him. And later brought that protection on to his children, when they were in her care. She was very playful with her brothers, and always caught her brother "Bear" while entertaining at her home. She was always happy when her brothers were around, as family was very important to her.

After leaving the Urselines, she went to work in the shipyards in World War II, known to her friends as "Sophie, the Riveter." She and her brother, Bud, both worked in the shipyards until he joined the service.

After the shipyards, she went on to start her family and brought her girls along with her. Her girls were the apples of her eye, and she did the very best she could when it came to their upbringing. While she was "fruit-knocking," her daughter, Linda, playfully sang songs under the tree waiting for her mother.

Sophie was a very caring and loving woman, taking care of all the neighborhood children. She cared for the Morton kids, and Stuart, being a baby at the time, she thought of him as her own. She then cared for Margaret Matt's children for a spell, and talked about Margaret's children fondly. She took care of Clifford and Lucille Matt's children, whom she enjoyed seeing grow up into fine young adults.

She worked as a cook at the Holy Family Hospital until it closed, making close several friends along the way. Several people remarked how Sophie loved to take care of them and give them exactly what they wanted to make their hospital stay more enjoyable. Everyone commented that Sophie was the best cook around and they loved everything she cooked for them. "She spoiled us" several people said, and she was proud of how she made people feel better with her cooking. "That's the best medicine a person could have," she would say.

Among many things, this cute little woman had her mean side, too. If she liked you, you were a life long friend. But if you crossed her, "Watch out!" Her evil eye came out and you knew you were the enemy.

Later in her life, she became very active in the Cursillo movement and Loved the Lord with all her heart. She also was very active in the Tekakwitha circle, and traveled to several states from Washington to New York, trying to help make Tekakwitha a saint.

She never turned any children away from her home, raising numerous kids such as Bev and Les Peone, Linda Kuntz, Art Trahan, and numerous others, whom lovingly called her "Mom." She raised her grandchildren, Monique and Charmel, when their mother passed away. She was very glad to step in whenever they needed her, and although it wasn't a permanent situation, she was glad to do it. She adopted her granddaughters, Rose and Morey, when they were babies and was very proud of their accomplishments. And finally, raising her grandson, Arlen, and she proudly thought of him as her own.

She was a woman who wasn't afraid to meet and see new adventures. If you were a relative of hers, no matter what, she would come up and introduce herself and make herself at home. This is exactly how she became close to Suzi Friedlander, and her sister, Marcella Adolph, as well as being known as "grandma" to their children, Samuel Friedlander, Anthony, Dustin, Nanutquet Finley, Joe Madera, Nolan and Becca Adolph.

Sophie is proceeded in death by her parents, Leo and Catherine Nomee Barnaby; her step-father, Charles LaRance; her brother, Bud Barnaby; her daughter, Rose Marie Tellier; her god son whom she thought of as her own, James "Bo" Sorrell; her grandchildren, Jade Lenae McCrea, Steven Michael Tellier Smith, James "Jimbo" Sorrell; her niece, Lynnette Moran; her special kitty, Tisha; and her special puppy, Scoshy.

She is survived by her husband, Leo Tellier; her daughters, Rose M. Tellier (Michael McCrea), Morey Tellier (Ryan Smith), Monique (Phillip) McDonald, Charmel (Bud) Gillan, and Linda Ebner (Kenny); her brother, John W. "Bear Bear" (Irma) Malatare; nieces, Cheryl (Darrin) Finley, Darcy (Joe Vanderburg) Malatare, and Jennifer (Ron) Swaney; nephew, John (Becky) Malatare; grandchildren, Arlen Tellier, Emily McCrea, Bryar McCrea, Jalyn Tellier, Mason Smith, River Smith, Phylicia, Lucas, Kathryn and Janeal McDonald, and Jimmy Lee Michel; and Jimmy Lee's son, her great-great grandson, Kyson Michel; and her adopted grandson, Michael McCrea, III.

Sophie will be deeply missed by her family and all those she cared for with love and compassion though out her life. We are happy we got to enjoy our little mom for so many years, as she was a very important part of our lives and made a huge impact.

Sophie was moved to the Longhouse on Monday, June 10, 2013, with the Rosary held that evening. Church services were Tuesday, June 11. She will be cremated and her ashes laid to rest with her daughter's, Rose Marie Tellier. Condolences may be left at

Daniel Patrick “Mooch’ McDougall
HOT SPRINGS — Daniel Patrick “Mooch’ McDougall, 49, passed away on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at Clark Fork Valley Hospital, in Plains.

A member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes (CSKT), he was born to Daniel “Magic” and Harriet (Stanislaw) McDougall on June 10, 1963 in Denver.

A practical joker all his life, Daniel had worked in several jobs from logging and landscaping to bartending and surveying. Always telling them to “pull his finger”, he thoroughly enjoyed “raising cain” with his nieces and nephews, but was as humorous and kind as could be. He also loved racing cars, demo derbies and playing cribbage. Scared of heights, going bungee jumping in Las Vegas was his bravest act, or at least he thought so.

He was preceded in death by a sister, Rose; brother, Sam; grandparents and many aunts and uncles that are just too numerous too mention.

He is survived by his parents, Harriet McDougall, of Camas Prairie, and Magic McDougal, of Hot Springs; brothers, Bill and Daryl Henry McDougall, also of Hot Springs; adopted son, Sakali McDougall; aunties, Rose O' Bennick, of Hot Springs, Hazel Barnaby, of Dixon, Angie Andrew, of Camas Prairie, Violet Feather, of Pablo; as well as numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.

A wake was held Friday, June 7, 2013 at the CS&KT Senior Center in Hot Springs, with the Rosary recited on Sunday. Services were held Monday June 10, 2013, followed by the burial in the Curley Cemetery. Condolences may be left at

“Go Broncos, Go!”

John Pierre “Bud” Barnaby
DIXON — John Pierre “Bud” Barnaby, 87, went to join his Lord and Saviour on Sunday, June 2, 2013 while surrounded by his loved ones.

A devout Catholic and respected Elder of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, he was born to Leo and Catherine (Nomee) Barnaby, on January 21, 1926, in Hamilton. Known thoughout the Northwest, he was a traditional man who did many things in his life. He served in World War II in the 101st Airborne, and when he returned to the Reservation he started his greatest work, his family. During this time he logged, worked at the Tribal Bird Farm, and he was a director that was instrumental in building the St. Ignatius Community Center. But most recently, he was the Gate Keeper on South Fork until his retirement, when he pursued his ministry even more so.

Bud is survived by a large family that includes his wife, Hazel (Stanislaw), of the family home; numerous children, grandchildren and great grandchildren; his sister, Sophie (Leo) Tellier; and brother, BearBear (Irma) Malatare; as well as numerous nieces, nephews and friends that loved him dearly.

A traditional wake begin on Thursday, June 6, 2013 in St. Ignatius, with the Rosary being recited Friday, and his Mass recited Saturday, June 8, in the St. Ignatius Mission. Military Honors were presented. The burial is in the Curley Cemetery, in Camas Prairie. Condolences may be left at

Calvin Frank Matt
POLSON — Calvin Frank Matt, "Uncle Bidda," was born May 14, 1948, in St. Ignatius, to Dewey and Ferol Matt. He has seven siblings: brothers, Duane, Francis, Anthony and Quincy; and sisters, Theresa, Celine, Mary Anne and Genieveve.

He was better known as "Bidda," rather than his given name, Calvin. I asked him how he got his nickname and he said that as a baby he was called "Little Bidda Baby," and it stuck with him his entire life.

Bidda attended school early on at Shalako Indian School in Oklahoma, and at the Ursulines in St. Ignatius.

Bidda never married but he and Marianne Stevens were blessed to have a daughter, Felicia. He would always take very proudly and lovingly about his daughter, and was so happy to have her in his life.

He was drafted into the Army and sent to the war in Vietnam. After six months overseas, he was granted a hardship discharge, due to his father passing away. He was so surprised to get on the bus home and see his brother, Quincy, who was also discharged. On the way back to the United States, the two were able to travel home together, which meant a lot to him.

Bidda was a very accomplished musician. He and his nephews formed a band together called "The Louie Louie Band." Bidda played lead guitar and vocals, with Randy McNair on bass, Art McNair on guitar, and Sonny McNair on drums. They played at many bars and halls around the rez and the band had a big fan following. They would pack every place they played. Bidda could play any song on guitar and he had a great ear for music. I always loved it when Bidda would "Pull out the ole axe," as he liked to say. He amazed me with how much music he knew. I could ask him what group played this song, or that song, and he would always know.

His whole family is very musically talented and on occasion when they would get together, out would come the guitars and it would turn out to be a fun evening filled with singing and laughter.

Bidda struggled with alcohol, but he was very proud to have found sobriety for the last few years. He also suffered with complications from diabetes, which really slowed him down. Everyone who knows Bidda, knows that he was extremely generous and kind to all. He would give the shirt off his back, mainly because he never liked to wear shirts. As soon as he would get home, off came his shirt.

Bidda liked to cook and eat. He made a mean meatloaf, and chicken was his favorite. He could eat chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I can remember his friend and roommate, Rusty Fiddler, used to tease him that one day, he was going to start "clucking" due to all the chicken he ate!

Bidda made many friends throughout his life and is going to be missed by many.

- Felicia Matt

William V. “Willie” Linsebigler
ST. IGNATIUS — William V. “Willie” Linsebigler, 82, joined the Creator, Saturday, June 1, 2013, while surrounded by his family.

Born in Musselshell, Montana, on November 2, 1930, to Jerry and Mary (Bushaw) Linsebigler, he was raised in Musselshell until he joined the Army serving in Korea.

After returning to Montana, Willie married Mary “Dolly” McDonald in 1956, and they moved frequently while he worked construction and as a fire crew boss before they settled in St. Ignatius. He took care of the Catholic Cemetery and worked for the Catholic Mission until his retirement (27 years).

Willie, or better known as “Wahoo Willie” to all Bulldog sports fans, was a fixture at all the local sporting events; he enjoyed stickgame, keno, and played a mean game of cards; whether it was cribbage, or any other game, where he could take your money. An avid fisherman and hunter, many stories could be told of the fish he caught and brought home. He enjoyed camping with his family, visiting with people, BuckHorn, Morrel Falls, Mission Falls, and picking huckleberries whenever given the chance.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Levi and Rebecca; parents, Jerry and Mary; numerous siblings; aunts and uncles; his son, Jerry; daughter, Lois; and grandchildren, Lynette Moran and Billy Joe Lumpry.

Willie is survived by his wife, Dolly; children, Irma (BearBear) Malatare, Ron Lumpry, Joann (Francis) Durgeloh, Bev (Cole ) Hill, Geraldine “Beans” Linsebigler (Mike Burke), William Dennis Linsebigler, Jr., Mona (Brian) Ebensteiner and Matt (Carla) Linsebigler; his brothers, Wesley and Everette Linsebigler; sister, Evelynn Worlie; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and cousins.

A wake at the family home began on Sunday, and moved to the Longhouse on Monday, where the Rosary was recited. Wake closing was in the Longhouse on Tuesday, June 4, 2013, followed with Mass at the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission. Burial followed in Snyelmn Sntmtmne, where Military Honors were presented. Condolences may be left at

Terrence “Terry” Michael Wall
MISSOULA — My dad, Terrence “Terry” Michael Wall, became one with Mother Earth on Memorial Day, May 27, 2013.

He was born on April 10, 1944, in Tacoma, Washington, to Samuel Wall and Juanita Dupuis Wall. He was a proud member of the Confederated Salish and Kooteani Tribes. He was also proud of his Irish heritage. He was a poet who touched many people’s lives, always ready to give his poems away. He was hilarious, always joking with everyone. The dirtier… the better.

Terry is survived by his daughter, Lisa Marie Wall-Wilbert, and her husband, Alex. He loved us and his four grandkids with all his heart, and he let us know everyday. Jacob, Stephen, Alex, and his princess, Emmy, are his pride and joy, and I know how proud of me he is. I was his hunting partner from the time I was a baby, and later a team to fight his cancer and health problems.

Our daily visits or conversations were filled with what grandkid had what sporting or school event, or what fun happenings were going on at daycare. Dad always stayed true to who he was, and how he would live. He taught me to be strong, stubborn, and to stand up for myself and others.

I am proud to be his daughter. He is also survived by former wife, Susan Wall, and father-in-law, James Hearn, whom he referred to as “Big Daddy,” both of Lake Isabella, California; brother, David Wall, of Polson; sister, Barbara Hulsey (Virgil), of Puyallup, Washington; nephews, Richard, Joe, Craig, Patrick, Tim, Doug and Sam; and nieces, Jeanne, Teresa, Kelly, Kathleen, Mary K., Colleen, Tracy, Libby, and Jerrica. He also had numerous grand and great-grand nieces and nephews. He is also survived by numerous friends, but a special one I need to thank is Joe Wheeler. I appreciate what a true friend he was, through to the very end. He helped my family immensely.

My dad was predeceased by his parents; mother-in-law, Lucille Hearn; brothers, Richard, Dean and Sam; and sister, Juanita. A memorial will be held at KwaTaqNuk at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 7, 2013. I would love for others to share stories and memories. Funeral arrangements are through Grogan’s.

Eugene M. “Little Gene” “Gene Gene Dancing Machine” Matt
ST. IGNATIUS — Eugene M. “Little Gene” “Gene Gene Dancing Machine” Matt, 60, passed away May 16, 2013, at St. Patrick’s Hospital.

A member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, he was born in St. Ignatius to George Matt and Margaret Barnaby Matt Finley on July 2, 1952. As a child his family moved several times while they worked in the orchards and fields but they always returned home and home is where Gene chose to live after a short time stint in the Army. He worked for the Post and Pole Yard and Housing before becoming a man of leisure.

Coming from a large family, Gene was preceded in death by his wife, Judy, and parents, George and Margaret; as well as numerous other family members.

He is survived by his children, Michael and Angela Matt, Mary Jo and Frank Parker, and Carol Ann Matt, all of St. Ignatius, Abby Matt, of Dixon, Elizabeth Matt, and Mary Matt; brothers and sisters, Victor and Judi Matt, of Dixon, James “Jumbo” Matt and Judy Matt, both of Wellpinit, Washington, Georgeann and Henry Matt, of St. Ignatius, Larry “Lurch” and Verna Matt, of Ninepipe, Duane Matt, of Lewiston, and Doug Matt, of St. Ignatius; 21 grandchildren; 8 great grandchildren; and numerous cousins and friends.

Gene was a man with a good sense of humor, who loved his family and tried his best to help out his friends. He will be truly missed.

Rosary was on Monday, May 20, 2013, in the Longhouse. Services were on Tuesday, followed with the burial the in Snyelmn Sntmtne. Condolences may be left at

Beverly Jean Hamel
DIXON — On Wednesday May 15, 2013, Beverly Jean Hamel peacefully passed to the arms of her Heavenly Father after several years of deteriorating health; she was 80.

Beverly was born in Rexburg, Idaho, on May 4, 1933, the same day the famed white buffalo bull calf, Big Medicine, was born on the National Bison Range – something she was always took special pride in.

Beverly grew up during the Great Depression, her parents, Willard and Edna Sainsbury, moved the family from Idaho to Oregon and then to Washington in search of work. Her 5th birthday was spent on a ship, her family moving again; they spent a short time in Juneau, Alaska, then went onto Anchorage, where the family settled and prospered, deciding only to leave Alaska to avoid the growing military tensions during World War II.

They then moved the Mission Valley where they purchased a small farm near McDonald Lake, and her life as a Montanan began. Her childhood days were spent working on the farm, going to school and traipsing back and forth to McDonald Lake, her favorite place. She was a tom-boy, and the Mission Valley was her playground.

She graduated from Mission High School in 1948, and then attended nursing school at Montana State University, where she became a Registered Nurse, and later a Certified Nurse Anesthetist. Though she loved doing anesthesiology, most of her distinguished 45 year medical career was spent as an Operating Room nurse. Bev was considered an outstanding health care provider and worked at half dozen hospitals during her career, eventually retiring from Community Hospital, in Missoula, in the early 1990’s.

She married Jim Grosscurth on October 26, 1952, at the Methodist Church in St. Ignatius, and gave birth to her first son, John, a year later. He, his wife Terri, her mother Anna, and step daughter Elizabeth, live in Denver, Colorado. Her second son, James, was born in February of 1956; he and his wife, Ronna, and stepson, C.J, live in Boise, Idaho. She has one grandson, Blaine, who was born in 1976, in Polson, and now lives with his wife, Katrina, in Whitefish.

Over the years the family lived in Henderson, Nevada, Little Rock, Arkansas, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Las Vegas, Nevada, before a divorce in 1985. Four years later she married Jerry Hamel, from Dixon, and returned to Montana, where she happily spent the rest of her life.

Beverly loved Montana, the Flathead Reservation and the people of western Montana. She was an active member of the St. Ignatius Ward of the Latter Day Saints church, an accomplished genealogist and researcher. She wrote two historical research books documenting the genealogical records of the people and service men and women of Lake and lower Sanders County.

She served on the Flathead Joint Board of Control for many years, and after retiring spent most of her days enjoying her life with Jerry on their ranch in Dixon. Their lives together flourished and she became close friends with Jerry’s daughter, Traci Vaile, who lives in Babb, Montana, with her husband, Gus, and son, Ty. She also has a step daughter, K.J., who has one son, Suede; they live in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

She is survived by two sisters, Donna Webb, from Vacaville, California, and Pat Swartzlander, from Henderson, Nevada; and by one brother, Sam Sainsbury, of North Las Vegas, Nevada. She will also be missed by her nieces and nephews, Jeffery, Darren and Katie; Cindy, Sandy and Bill.

Beverly loved living in Dixon and using her medical skills caring for livestock and her many cats. She loved the Indian people and never lost her fascination of the Indian culture, she was openly accepted by the Indian people and was very proud of that.

Hers was a curious mind, always interested in learning and writing about life in the Mission Valley, she grew to become recognized among the most knowledgeable of local historians.

Beverly was a loving, caring, generous wife, mother, sister and friend; she was a good, productive and honest woman whose high standards always reflected the best of Montana and the Latter Day Saints church she loved so much.

Private viewings were held at the Foster Funeral Home in St. Ignatius. Her funeral was at the Latter Day Saints church in St. Ignatius on May 18, 2013. She was buried at the St. Ignatius Cemetery.

Beverly Hamel was a fine Montanan and she will be missed by many.

Brenda L. Curley
RONAN — On May 10, 2013, the Creator took Brenda L. Curley by the hand and walked her home.

Born April 23, 1958, in Polson to Frank Pierre and Alice Lozeau Matt Curley, Brenda's early years found her home living at Elmo, with her Papa Vincent Curley and TiTi Agnes Julian Curley.

Their memories and teachings stayed with her throughout life, as evident in her commitment to education and culture. Brenda recieved her Bachelors Degree from Salish & Kootenai College and went on to receive a dual Masters in Social Work/Business from Eastern Washington University in Cheney.

Brenda was employed in various positions by the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes throughout her life. Prior to her early retirement due to failling health, she was a Tribal Prosecutor. However, her greatest achievements and love was her children and grandchildren.

Brenda was preceded in death by her parents, Frank and Alice; a brother, Ed Curley; a daughter, Lakisha; her Papa Vincent Curley, and Titi Agnes Curley.

She is survived by her children, Alycia and Ceclia Shorty; and grandchildren she raised as her own, Emonie Couture and Eyanah Burshia; sisters, Marcella "Marci" Curley White and Tessie Curley; grandchildren, Darian Shorty, Nizhoni Schaaf, Phoenix and Phawx Charrette; Aunties, Ann Marie Curley and Louise Stasso; as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

A traditional wake started on Monday at the Cultural Hall in Elmo with services being held Tuesday, May 14, in the Elmo Cultural Hall. Burial followed in the Elmo Cemetery. Condolences may be left at

David Herbert Morrow
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA — David Herbert Morrow, 78, passed away peacefully in his home, April 8, 2013. His family was at his bedside.

David was born in Whitefish, July 2, 1934. He attended Whitefish Central School and graduated with the class of 1952. Shortly thereafter, he joined the Navy and served his country for over 22 years. One of his most important tours of duty was his assignment on the nuclear submarine, the USS Halibut. Until the time of his death, he was closely associated with crew and friends from that submarine mission.

David was extremely proud of his Salish Kootenai heritage. He came to Pablo and St. Ignatius, visiting with friends during his many trips home. He traveled the world and especially loved Alaska, where he and his wife had a bed and breakfast. They were also a resource for travelers who wanted to connect with hunting and fishing guides.

David was preceded in death by his parents, David and Eldora Morrow, of Whitefish; his first wife, Lois Watson Morrow; and his son, Michael David Morrow. He is survived by and is deeply missed by his wife, Margo, in Sacramento, California; daughter, Deolinda (Kenn) Willson; and son, Jerry Morrow, all of Portland, Oregon; his sisters, Marla Natoli, of La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Glenda (Thomas) Vollertsen, Anthem, Arizona; his five grandchildren, Brandon (Kayla) Willson, Christopher (Carissa) Morrow, Lauryn, Lyndsey, and Kyle Morrow; and many nieces, and nephews.

A Celebration of Life was held April 10, 2013, in Sacramento, California. He is sadly missed.

Thelma Leona Martin Jungers
ST. IGNATIUS — Thelma Leona Martin Jungers passed away on April 30, 2013. She was born to Caroline & Edward Martin on January 26, 1938, at Vanada, Montana.

Her family moved to Florence when she was two years old. Thelma attended Florence-Carlton School, where she met and later married Dick Jungers. They were married for 55 years.

They moved to Missoula, where they had five children before moving to Ronan, which became their true home. They loved the area and the people. They bought the Pheasant Lounge and after 15 years they added a steak and burger menu, where Thelma did all the catering. After 29 years, they retired.

Thelma was a Boy Scout Leader, Brownie leader and ran Sunday School at the Ronan Catholic Church. She worked at the Ronan School Lunch Program for approximately 6 years. She was thrilled whenever a child would recognize and hug her because they knew her from school.

Dick and Thelma spent their time attending Griz games and wrestling matches. Thelma was very family oriented. Her favorite times were when all her children were home. She loved the holidays. She had a great sense of humor and an infectious laugh. You would never come to her home that there wasn’t a jar full of homemade cookies. She was easy to please, the littlest things made her happy. She was a genuine good person with a gentle soul. She never had a bad word to say about anyone. She was quite classy.

Thelma loved her home and flowers. She loved tinkering. She talked a lot about her grandchildren and was tickled when someone commented “I know your grandchildren are perfect!”

She was preceded in death by her parents Caroline and Edward Martin; her sister, Alice Thoft; her son, Richard Jungers; and her husband, Dick Jungers.

She is survived by her daughters, Terry (Jungers) and Mike Wagner, of Rapid City, South Dakota, Sandy Jungers, of Crabtree, Oregon, and Laurie (Jungers) and Ron Morgan, of Missoula; son, Mike and Aow Jungers, of Lacy, Washington; and a grandson that they raised, Shawn and Raylene Jungers, of Pablo; 10 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren, who will truly miss her.

A visitation was held Sunday evening at the Foster Funeral Home Chapel, in St. Ignatius, with Mass being celebrated Monday in the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission, in St. Ignatius. Burial was Monday in the Ronan Cemeteries, where she will be laid to rest her husband, Dick. Condolences may be left at

Diana Mae Glover Burtch
POLSON — Diana Mae Glover Burtch, 72, passed away on Saturday, April 20, 2013, at St. Patrick’s Hospital surrounded by her family and friends.

Diana was born August 25, 1940, in Polson, the daughter of Henry A. Glover and Evelyn J. (Thompson) Glover. Diana was a member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. She graduated from Polson High School in 1958, and attended Northern Montana College (now U of M-Northern) at Havre. Diana worked for the Tribes in Dixon. In Polson, she was employed as a legal secretary for several attorneys, and also for the Flathead Courier and A-C Printers. Diana moved to Bozeman in 1961, and was employed as Executive Secretary for the General Manager of Yellowstone Park Company’s winter office. (At that time, she was the only employee who had not been to Yellowstone Park). Diana also worked for Dupuis Mill, Tribal Credit, a law firm in Billings, and office manager for the CharKoosta newspaper.

Diana married Ray Burtch in 1961, had three girls: Pam, Peggy, Paula. Diana’s greatest joy was the gardening of flowers, and she could identify each species in her extensive flower gardens. Diana also knitted and crocheted doilies and afghans, which were made for every member of the family. Diana became our "Scrabble Queen" at weekly game shows hosted by our Mother. Diana was grateful that she was able to enjoy these interests with her late mother, four sisters and one brother who all live near Polson—at times even the nieces and nephews participated. Diana also had an amazing ability for recalling names and family connections. She loved watching college basketball and was an avid Zags fan.

Polson teachers, Nina Ford and Neil Devlin, made the most lasting positive impression on her, she mentioned in her class bio for her 50-year reunion.

Diana was preceded in death by her parents, Evelyn and Henry Glover; and several aunts and uncles. Surviving are her daughters, Pam Watanuki (Mark), Peggy Rouillier (Tim) and Paula Burtch; siblings, Jeanette Davis (Norm), Sheryl “Duzzie” Glover, Pam Schneiter (Jim), Lyle McBroom and Rita Vanorio (Tom); two grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews. No formal services were held.

Dalon Wendell Jones
ST. IGNATIUS — On April 15, 2013, the Great Spirit called upon Dalon Wendell Jones, 62, to put his moccasins on, grab his guitar and journey into the heavens to sing and play music.

Dalon was born in St. Ignatius, July 6, 1950, to Amelia and John Jones. He was the seventh son of a family of 11 siblings. Dalon attended St. Ignatius Schools for 11 years then moved to Madras, Oregon, where he graduated from Madras High School in 1969. After graduation, Dalon worked for the United States Forest Service in Mt. Hood National Forest for one year before moving to Tacoma, Washington. There, he attended Bates Vo-Tech and graduated in 1973, with an Associate’s degree in Industrial Electronics. On February 10, 1973, he married his wife, Anita Hill, and went to work for Xerox in Portland, Oreon. In 1977, Dalon became a proud father to his son, Ryan, and in 1979, his family was complete when his daughter, Rene’ was born. Dalon lived his life to be around his family.

After five years with Xerox, Dalon decided to continue his educational quest to be a teacher for elementary/middle school children. He graduated from the University of Montana with a Bachelors and Masters degree in Educational Curriculum and Instruction, in August of 2003. He enjoyed teaching and learning from the students in Bonner, Frenchtown, Ronan, Two Eagle, Pablo, Hays, and at Job Corps, in Ronan, for numerous years, as well as, a year in Fontana, California. Dalon’s favorite lessons, however, were not the history or math books – it was music. He loved to play the guitar, drums, piano/keyboard, flute, and basically any instrument he could get his hands on. Dalon made music, his songs will forever be in our hearts.

Dalon wasn’t perfect by many standards, but he did spend the last five years of his life striving for it. He fought through six strokes and a heart attack, and was attempting to get back into running shape. He was able to play his guitar with a broken wrist and daily worked on regaining his balance, strength, and speech from the strokes. We will always admire the fortitude to push through the adversity with the challenges that life threw him. He could not conquer them all but he definitely defied the odds and anyone who told him he couldn’t, wouldn’t or never will, …well he did it… his own way. Dalon was always there for us in both body and spirit, showing us by his living example what it was like to be a father and a husband, that it was possible for a man to show tenderness, to be unafraid of open affection with us and to be a loving husband. He was selfless with us all. We will always love you and miss you, Dad.

Dalon was preceded in death by his parents; his brothers, Alfred and Dennis; and his sister, Adeline Upton.

Dalon will be deeply missed by his wife of 40 years, Anita; his son, Ryan, of St. Ignatius; his daughter, Rene’, and son-in-law, Jimmy Graham, of Albany, Oregon. Dalon is also survived by his brothers, Ken and Leo, of Kamiah, Idaho, Lubert (Norma), of Ronan, Ira (Alice), of Arlee; and his sisters, Marie Ashley, of St. Ignatius, Pauline (Del) Nickelson, and Vicki (Davy) Belgard, of Hays. Dalon also leaves behind numerous nieces, nephews, greats and great-greats.

Cremation has taken place and a Celebration of Life was held Saturday, April 20, 2013. Condolences may be left at

Jerald Matthew Castillo
USK, WASHINGTON — Jerald Matthew Castillo took the Stairway to Heaven on April 13, 2013. Jay was born in Seattle, Washington on November 09, 1963, to Ernesto Castillo and Harriett Castillo. Jay is a member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.

Jay was raised in Mount Lake Terrace, Washington, in the Seattle area. He went to school at Mount Lake Terrace Junior High, got his GED at Seattle Indian Center. He loved listening to music, building models, drawing, being outdoors, reading books, watching sports, visiting with family and friends. He worked for over ten years for the Kalispel Tribe of Indians in Usk, Washington, in the Community Development Department. He was a devoted Dallas Cowboy fan. Jay was always willing to lend a helping hand to those who needed it. Jay was a great friend to all who knew him, and he will be missed by all.

Survivors include his mother, Harriett Conko-Castillo; sisters, Carmelita “Carmen” Castillo, Linda Castillo, D. Castillo, Gloria Bird-Castillo, and Evonne Conko; brothers, Charles “Arlie” Castillo and Ernie “Butch” Castillo; nieces, Glenda Williams, Aiyana Freelander, and Jalyna Castillo; nephews, Christopher “William” Goodstriker (Melissa), Emery “Ems” Williams, Theo Goodstriker, and Raymond “Lil Ray” Castillo; and many more nephews, nieces, great nephews and nieces.

He was preceded in death by his father, Ernesto Castillo; sister, Annette Castillo; and brother, Anthony L. Castillo.

A Rosary was held on April 18, 2013, at Kalispel Community Building in Usk, Washington, followed by funeral on April 19, 2013, at the Kalispel Cemetery, in Usk, Washington. Sherman-Knapp Funeral Home in Newport is in charge of arrangements. Family and friends are invited to sign the online guest book at

Faye “Kentucky Babe” Drowatzky
PABLO — Faye “Kentucky Babe” Drowatzky, 68, passed away at her home on Friday morning, April 19, 2013.

Born on March 10, 1945, to Edwin and Maddie Lou (Taylor) Mills, in Hustonville, Kentucky. She was raised there, and eventually made Louisville her home. She and her family moved many places, and eventually ended up in the Coeur d’Alene area during the 1970’s. It was there that she met and married, Don Drowatzky, in 1978. As a young girl, she had always dreamed of marrying an Indian from Montana and now she had. Don was a telephone contractor and they lived in the Spokane area before moving to Kentucky. But, lack of work eventually got the best of them and they returned to the Northwest, settling in Pablo.

Faye lived and loved life to the fullest. She was a fan of Elvis and was an avid collector of his memorabilia. She loved going to the mountains and camping with her family. Always a practical joker, she loved pulling tricks on the kids.

She leaves behind her husband, Don, of Pablo; her children, Johnny Lee Bryant, Scott Bryant, Jamie Sue Bryant, Don Drowatzky, and David Wade Drowatzky; and a daughter, Dawn, who she adopted out when she was young. Also surviving are her siblings, Carol and Merle, of Kentucky; and her in-laws that she always considered as her “Montana” siblings, Jack, Verna and Glenna Drowatzky; and her pet rooster, Clovis.

A visitation will be held Sunday at the Foster Funeral Home in St. Ignatius with funeral services being held at 2 pm Monday in the Foster Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in the Kentucky Bluegrass Knob Cemetery in Pablo. Condolences may be left at