Char-Koosta News

The Official Publication of the Flathead Nation online

For the Record

November 2008 Obituaries

Chad Martin Stanislaw
SEQUIM, Wash. -— Chad Martin Stanislaw of Carlsborg, WA, died peacefully in his sleep at his mother’s home in Sequim, WA. after a gallant battle with liver failure. Chad was born September 5, 1968 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He is the son of Norma and Peter Paul Stanislaw.

Chad spent the first 11 years in Iowa and then traveled to Port Angeles, WA, with his mom and his sister Tami, in 1979. He attended schools in Port Angeles, WA where he received his GED. He also took surveying classes at colleges in Port Angeles and Montana.

Chad had many jobs including delivering newspapers and mowing lawns as a boy. Later he was a wood puller in several different mills, worked on a tree farm, was a fish processor, a vacuum salesman and cleared trails and made campgrounds for the DNR.

Chad’s greatest joy was spending time with his friends and family, hunting, fishing, hiking, playing football, camping and participating in the sweat lodge. He also had a special interest in history and could discuss old topics such as the war of 1812 like it had happened yesterday. He thoroughly enjoyed having deep discussions on every subject. He also liked to understand why people did what they did and it was not uncommon for him to call his Mom and ask: “Now why would someone say or do that?"

As a young boy, he loved to hike Hurricane Ridge with his uncles Mark and Doug. He enjoyed board games and just recently started playing “Risk" again with those same uncles and his cousin Dustin.

Chad’s sense of humor brought enormous joy to all who knew him. Some of you may have heard him answer his phone with: “Chad’s pad, Dave speaking."

Chad truly loved animals and children and had a deep concern for their welfare but never wanted to be responsible for them himself. His favorite saying when hanging up the phone with his sister Tami was: “Beat your children for me." Meaning: “Tell them I love them!"

Chad was pretty straightforward and if you asked a question you would get an honest answer. Chad was a great listener, which is probably why he had so many friends. His mom remembers when he was in grade school and he would “counsel" his classmates over the phone. If Chad knew you, he cared about you, deeply. He was also a boy scout and received many awards for his outstanding integrity and character. Chad enjoyed people of all kinds and felt comfortable discussing a wide range of topics with each one.

He also loved to watch the changes that would occur in each and every season...he loved the fall the best and especially Halloween because he enjoyed dressing up in costumes. He became the Character and was a delight to everyone.

Chad’s nomadic life started at an early age. He went on a trip when he was five years old to Canada with his neighbors and when he was ten he went on a trip with his cousin Matt and family to Glacier National Park. He stayed with his Aunt Peggy in North Carolina when he was 13 and he has been hitch hiking across the country ever since, including Iowa to see his uncle Marv and his Grandma Thomsen.

Chad was blessed with artistic abilities and has made several drums and feather fans for his family as well as a healing rattle for his mother. In the early 90’s Chad started having seizures, which disabled him and in 2006 he broke his heel while hiking. These events were devastating to him since he loved to work and loved being outside with nature.

His mother and stepfather were blessed to have Chad at their home during the last two weeks of his life. Chad died peacefully in his sleep ending a life full of laughter but also a lot of pain..

Chad knew hundreds of people around the Port Angeles/Sequim area. People like the meter maid, the bus driver, people at DSHS and many friends of whom he considered his brothers and sisters. He was a proud member of the Salish Kootenai and Flathead Tribe of Montana and leaves behind his favorite Aunties: Rose (Leroy) O’Bennick, Angie (Butch), Andrews Harriett McDougall, Hazel (Bud) Barnaby and his uncle John Stanislaw and many cousins and friends on the Flathead Reservation.

Chad was preceded in death by his father, Peter Paul Stanislaw in 1980, his stepbrother John Northup in 1990, his grandfather Marvin Thomsen in 1998, his uncle Marv Thomsen in 2003, his cousin Johny Thompson and his foster brother Ted Pierre in 2006.

Chad is survived by his mother Norma, stepfather Richard Michels, sister, Tami Tait of Sun River, Oregon, niece Alexandra Tait of Bend, Oregon, nephew Zach Tait of Canby, Oregon and a step-sister, Andrea Michels from Washington DC, his Grandmother Buirl Thomsen of Iowa. Uncle Marc (Pat) Thomsen, aunt Vicki (Wayne) Murphy, cousins Dustin and Mike Moyle, Shery Thomsen, all of Port Angeles. Cousin Matt Thomsen of Florida, his great Aunt and Uncle Jimmy and Doris Gill and several second cousins in the Sequim area.

Chad was a caring, loving, generous person and will be missed terribly. We all were blessed to have known and loved him.

Edmond Pluff, Sr.
COEUR D’ ALENE, Idaho — Edmond passed away November 25, 2008 in Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho. He was born May 26, 1927 in St. Ignatius to Charles and Annie (Sorrell) Pluff.

He attended schools in Montana. Edmond moved from Montana to DeSmet, Id. in the early 1940’s. He married Agnes LaSarte in DeSmet on July 11, 1944 and they made their home in DeSmet.

Edmond enlisted in the Unites States Army and served in the Korean Conflict. Following his discharge, he returned to DeSmet where he worked as a truck driver, driving grain trucks for Vern Larson and logging trucks for Johnnie Foote. Following a divorce, Edmond later married Marian Anderson and the couple made their home in DeSmet area. She preceded him in death.

He was a member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in DeSmet and a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Survivors include his eight children: Marlene Lambert of Plummer, Id.; Linda Galler of DeSmet, Id.; Edmund Eugene Pluff, Jr. of Plummer, Id.; Carol Allen of DeSmet, Id.; Clifford Pluff of Plummer, Id.; Marlee Pluff of Spokane, Wa.; and Joseph Pluff of Plummer, Id.; brother Cecil Pluff of Tacoma, Wa.; sisters Lillian Thomas of Tacoma, Wa., and Leona Harries of Polson; and numerous grandchildren and great grandchildren. A Mass of Christian Burial was held Saturday, November 29 in DeSmet, Id. Father Thomas Connolly, S.J. officiated at the service and burial followed at the DeSmet Mission Cemetery.

Richard Randall (Randy) Cordis
ST. IGNATIUS — Our beloved father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and friend to everyone Richard Randall (Randy) Cordis passed away November 18, 2008.

Joyfully welcomed to this world January 14, 1951 in Missoula by Walter (Doc) and Frances Cordis and his brother and sisters. He spent his youth ranching, hunting, and fishing in our beautiful mountains. He courageously served our country from 1971 to 1973, earning the National Service Defense Medal, the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, and qualified as a Sharpshooter on three separate weapons platforms (no surprise to his hunting buddies!) He came home to resume helping Grandpa and Grandma with the ranch, squeezing in some hunting and fishing on the side as well as doing some outfitting. He started at Mission High School (go Bulldogs!) in maintenance and then moved to transportation where he kept the buses rolling for the Mission Schools and Johnson Transportation until his passing.

Pop was preceded in death by his parents, Doc in June of 1996 and Frances in March of 1987; and grandson, Austin Adams passed in August of 2004.

Survivors include a daughter, Laurel (Cordis) Adams of Ontario, Oregon; son, Larry Cordis of Ronan; three sisters, Judy Hewitt of Polson, Ruth Caparoon of Amarillo, Texas, and Jeanne Freshour, of John Day, Oregon; brother Bob Cordis of Brewster, New York; grandchildren include Randi Cavazos, Michael and Jake Adams, Weiser, Idaho, and Riley and Rachel Cordis of Ronan; great-grandchildren Anthony and Jalen Cavazos of Weiser, Idaho and Kenzo Kaneko Adams of Tokyo, Japan.

Those that knew him understood his dedication to his home, his country, and his family. An avid and talented sportsman, he was never so happy as when he was outdoors. We cannot express the depths of our loss or how much we will miss this generous, caring man.

In lieu of flowers, the family would like to suggest donations be made to the Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation at

William Albert Niemeyer
HOT SPRINGS — William Albert Niemeyer, 93, passed away peacefully November 20 in Hot Springs - the town he had lived in and helped shape for 55 years.

He was born June 4, 1915, to William and Pauline Niemeyer in a little cabin near Ovando, at the junction of Dry Creek and North Fork of the Blackfoot River. To his parents’ surprise, his twin sister, Hilda, was born a short time later.

He, his sister, and older brother, Joe, attended schools in Ovando until 1924, when the family moved their herd of dairy cows to the Orchard Homes area, west of Missoula. They owned and ran the Green Acres Dairy. Bill attended Hawthorne Elementary School, and graduated from Missoula County High School in 1934. He didn’t particularly mind milking, “an old cow can be kind of nice". He loved to hunt Chinese pheasants and go out dancing, a skill he picked up as a junior member of the Orchard Homes Life Club.

A somewhat unenthused student (although he loved reading his parents’ collection of Greek plays and mythology), he dropped out of school one year and worked briefly in a little mine in Thompson Falls, where his father was a partner. A cave-in helped him decide that completing his education was a better pursuit than underground mining.

After graduation, he helped make signs one winter for the Civilian Conservation Corps and then worked for the Forest Service, spending several summers manning fire lookouts in the Rock Creek area. He eventually moved to California to work at the family-owned San Diego Rug Factory.

Bill was drafted into the U.S. Army on Easter Sunday, 1942. After basic training at Camp Roberts, CA, he was assigned to the Third Division, Seventh Infantry Regiment. His combat duty included French Morocco and Tunisia, and the invasion of Sicily and Italy. In September 1943, near Migano, Italy, he was wounded when a shill hit his camp and killed 15 members of his unit.

He was treated in a British field hospital, transferred to Naples and then Oran, French Morocco, for two surgeries. He finished his service stateside at a replacement depot in Ogden, Utah, and was discharged Sept. 24, 1945. Bill attained the rank of staff sergeant and received a Purple Heart during his tour of duty.

He returned to Missoula and enrolled in the University of Montana. One night, while bowling with friends, he met his future wife, Thelma Dixon. “I was so terrible, he came over and offered to help," she recalls. The young couple dated until Bill’s money ran out, at which point, he proposed. They were married May 18, 1946.

After a short stint owning a rug and furniture-cleaning business, the couple moved to Thelma’s hometown of St. Ignatius, where Bill went to work for the Flathead Irrigation Project as a ditchrider. After helping build the Ravalli substation in 1948, he transferred to the project’s power division and became a lineman in 1951.

The family moved to Hot Springs in 1953, where Bill eventually became foreman for the district, a post he held until his retirement in 1972.

From 1967-1994, the couple purchased, renovated and ran the Niemeyer Apartments. Bill also became a master electrician, and spent several years wiring pumps throughout the state.

In Hot Springs, he was a Cub Scout and Boy Scout leader, taught hunters’ safety and helped organize Homesteader Days. He served as president of the Chamber of Commerce and Hot Springs TV District and also as vice-president of Cam Corp, an organization that tried to revitalize the local bathhouse. He helped establish the Hot Spring Senior Citizen Center, and served as its president from 1975 to 1987.

Bill enjoyed a good joke, reading, bowling, fishing, picking huckleberries and camping. His gardening skills were legendary and he was an avid and extremely accomplished hunter as well.

He and Thelma were married 62 years, and at their 60th anniversary celebration in 2006, he told the assembled crowd, “She’s been my sparkplug."

Bill leaves behind his wife, Thelma; son Del (Judy) of Lakeside; daughters Nancy (Jim) Eastham of Spokane, and Barbara (Joe) Fink of Butte; daughter-in-law Tezz of Greenville, FL; 24 grandchildren and 41 great-grandchildren. He also leaves two sisters, Theodora Lambson of St. Ignatius and Hilda Hardesty of Yucca Valley, CA, and numerous nieces and nephews. His son Bill, brother Joe and parents preceded him in death.

Cremation has taken place and memorial services will be held November 29 at 1 p.m. at Hot Springs Bible Church, 700 First Avenue South.

Arrangement entrusted to Sunset Hills Funeral Homes, Plains and Thompson Falls.

Paul Wheeler
ST. IGNATIUS — Paul was welcomed into this world by his parents on July 19, 1980 in Missoula. He departed this world November 10, 2008.

He was a delightful boy with a mischievous personality. He enjoyed his friends and liked to make people laugh. His greatest enjoyment was being with his son, Bret. Bret could always make his Dad smile. Paul was a dedicated and loving father.

He met the love of his life, Dana Means, in high school. He graduated from Big Sky High School in 1999. He and Dana married July 20, 2001 and had some very happy times together.

Paul worked in the dry walling business, helped his dad with ranching jobs, and was currently employed by Hayloft Designs and Graphics in Lolo.

Paul struggled with emotions, back and shoulder pain, thyroid problems, the loss of his father and insomnia. He was trying very hard to cope with life. He was seeking peace and has found it at last.

Paul was preceded in death his father William J. Wheeler, Sr..

He is survived by his wife, Dana and son Bret; mother Judy and stepfather Terrance Walleser of St. Ignatius; father-in-law and mother-in-law Dan and Kathy Means of Florence; sister Billie (Brian) Anthony of St. Ignatius; brothers Shane (Donna) Wheeler of St. Ignatius and Randy (JoAnn) Rupert of Irvington, AL; sisters Mary Van Giesen, Emily Van Giesen, Frances King, Katherine Hammond, Julie Maxwell and Dorothy Wheeler; brothers Bill Jr., Tom, Joe, Mike, John and Peter Wheeler; aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, homeboys and homegirls.

A memorial trust has been set up at the US Bank, 2801 Brooks Street, Missoula, MT 59801 for Paul’s son Bret Wheeler.

A visitation began on Monday at the Foster Funeral Home in St. Ignatius and moved to the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission where the Rosary was recited Monday evening.

A funeral mass was held Tuesday at the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission with Fr. Andrew Maddock, S.J. officiating. Interment followed in the St. Ignatius Catholic Cemetery where he was laid to rest beside his father.

Francis Eli Sherwood
WELLPINIT, Wash. — Francis Eli Sherwood was born on August 6, 1978 in Portland, Oregon. Eli passed away on November 11, 2008 at his home on the Spokane Indian Reservation in Washington.

He was a Spokane Tribal member who was preceded in death by Thomas and Anne Cornelius, Lil Dan Sherwood and Mary Andrew of St. Ignatius.

He is survived by his parents, Francis Sherwood and Nora Numkena and Lance Wynne who helped raise him on the Spokane Indian reservation; brothers Levi Sherwood, Marshall, Randy and Lance Wynne; sisters Amy Stinson, Rita, LaVonne and Loni Sherwood and Rose Corral; twenty one nieces and nephews who loved their "Nu-Nu" dearly, as well as friends and relatives from the Spokane, Flathead and Hopi Reservations.

Eli went to school in Wellpinit and Spokane and graduated from Newport High School. He loved track and playing basketball. He enjoyed doing anything outdoors with friends and family and was loved by all he knew and met.

A family rosary service was held at sister LaVonne’s home on Thursday, November 13; rosary on Friday, and Mass was held on Saturday at the Spokane Tribal Longhouse in Wellpinit. Interment was held at Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery, Wellpinit, WA.

Strate Funeral Home of Davenport, Wa. is caring for the family.

Hugh (Hughie) Kerr
BOZEMAN — Hugh Anthony Kerr, 70, passed away of natural causes on Thursday, November 13 at Deaconess Medical Center.

Hugh was born April 1938, to Charles and Teresa Kerr in St. Ignatius. Hugh attended school for the Blind in Great Fall, and graduated from Sentinel High School in Missoula. He also graduated from Missoula Business School. Hugh ran his own small business in Bozeman until his retirement.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Teresa Kerr; and two sisters, Margaret Louise (Peggy) and Ruby Mae Copley.

He is survived by two sisters, Myra Hagel of Evaro, Alice (Hugh) Green of Missoula; aunt Betty McElderry of St. Ignatius; and several nieces and nephews.

He has been cremated and services are pending.

Clifford Johnson
ST. IGNATIUS — Longtime St. Ignatius and Butte resident Clifford Johnson passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 4 in Forsyth.

Cliff was born on Sept. 9, 1938 in Harlem to Dorothy Webber and Dan Johnson. He was a member of the Gros Ventre Tribe.

Cliff attended school in Butte and served in the US Navy. After his military discharge he returned to Butte and worked for the Anaconda Company and ARCO where he retired from.

He loved fishing, camping and attending powwows and wakes where he would always be volunteering to cook and help wherever needed.

Cliff was preceded in death by his mom, dad, two brothers, three sisters and son-in-law Jack Phillips.

He is survived by the love of his life Mary Hernandez Johnson, who he has been with for the last 28 years; his brother Willie (Helen) of Butte; children Mary Johnson Phillips of Butte, Ron Johnson of Butte, Walter Johnson of Billings, Shawn Johnson and Misty Johnson of Forsyth; 10 grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and numerous aunts and uncles and a special friends Missy and Nita of St. Ignatius.

Francis Andrew Bigcrane
RONAN — Francis Andrew Bigcrane, 69, stepped on to the path to be with his parents and siblings, November 8, 2008, battling valiantly after his most recent surgery. He was lovingly given into the care of those who went before him, surrounded by his family.

Francis was the fourth youngest child of Frank and Josephine Bigcrane’s 18 children. He was born July 11, 1939, in Perma. He is one of the few remaining full blood Pend O’Reille Salish, born on the Flathead Reservation. As a child and young man, he traveled with his parents visiting relatives on the Coeur d’Alene, Spokane, Kalispel, and Nez Perce reservations. Throughout the rest of his adulthood he maintained and treasured his ties to extended family and friends.

He attended grade school and high school in Dixon, and attended Haskell Institute in Lawrence, Kansas. He enlisted in the Air Force, and spent part of that tour in Japan. When he returned from military duty he worked in California, and later attended school in Colorado to become a journeyman printer. He worked as a Resident Home Buyer Counselor and Emergency Medical Technician for the Spokane Tribe at Wellpinit, Washington, as well as for the Western Nuclear Company on the Spokane Reservation. He worked as a Community Health Representative and as the Trust Money Account Manager at different times for the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes.

Francis was swept off his feet by Louise Wynne and they married in 1976. They had two children, Angela Marie and Dawn Jean. Dawn preceded her father in death 2004.

The beam of Francis’ smile and his humor lightened the lives of the many people who crossed his path. He was a fixture courtside at local games and sporting events, and his fondest place to be was cheering on the Lady Griz.

In the early 1970’s Francis and John Arlee worked together teaching young people Salish and Pend O’Reille songs, and took up the work of Salish Prayers and Hymns at wakes. He is well known for his attendance at wakes far and wide, with his friend Stan Healy, Octave Finley, and other prayer leaders. Francis sang with powwow drum groups on the Flathead and Spokane Reservations.

Francis was especially close to his nephews Roy, Lester and Art, and his niece Cindy in recent months as they chauffeured him to his social and sporting engagements. Francis was very athletic through his life and loved to jog during his time on the Spokane Reservation, and even after his heart surgery a few years ago he was a familiar sight walking around Ronan. Not forgotten is his walking friend Johnnie Reynolds, as they made their rounds of Ronan, visiting friends and sharing their cheer. Wherever Francis traveled he made friends.

Francis was preceded in death by his parents Frank and Josephine Cocowee Bigcrane; his siblings Anna, Christine, Louise, Alexander, Mary Adeline, Mary, Marie, Harriet, Lucy Frances, Lorene Elizabeth, Christine Elizabeth, John Francis, Mary Ann, Louis Joseph; niece Sally Addison Morigeau; and his beloved daughter Dawn Jean.

He is survived by daughter Angela Marie; his very special and beloved grandchildren, Jimi Allen Hendrickx, Mathew Steven Bigcrane, Maria Josette and Martina Christine Aripa, Nina Christine Ford, Levi D. Ford, and Seanna Rose Ford; his ex-wife and friend, Louise Wynne of Wellpinit, Washington; his sister Louise (Dee) Weaver; brother James; sister Joanne Bigcrane; the children of his older brother John Bigcrane: Roy, Art, Arlene Caye, Steve, Lester, James, Edward, and Ellen Pretty On Top and their mother Alice; the children of his brother Louis: Mike, Theresa, Lucinda, and Lorisa and their mother Mary; the children of his sister Mary Ann: Alameda Addison Lavadour, Allen Addison, and Amy Drennan; the children of his sister Louise: Kevin and Deanna Weaver; the children of his brother James: step daughter Clarice, step son Tex, Lanita Matthew, Carlos Matthew and their mother Rose; the children of his sister Joanne: Sam, Melanie and Antoine Sandoval and their father Tony; and innumerable grandnieces and grandnephews, and great-grand nieces and great grand nephews.

Pallbearers are members of the Lady Griz basketball team. Honorary pallbearers are Kevin Weaver, Art, Roy, Mike, Steve, Jamie, Lester and Ed Bigcrane, Allen Addison, Carlos Matthew, Jesse Redsky, Charles Morigeau, Sam and Antoine Sandoval, Dee Weaver and Johnnie Reynolds.

The rosary began on Tuesday at the Longhouse in St. Ignatius. The wake closing and mass were held on Wednesday at the St. Ignatius Catholic Mission with interment following.

Arrangements are by Foster Funeral Home and Crematory.

Jacque Alexander Morigeau
RONAN — Jacque Alexander Morigeau passed away Thursday, November 6, 2008 at St. Luke Extended Care Facility with his family at his side after a courageous battle with cancer. Jacque was born on November 27, 1943 in Missoula and lived his entire life on the Flathead Indian Reservation except for the time he spent serving his country in Vietnam, both as a combat veteran and a civilian employee.

Jacque was the oldest of six children born to Jack and Genevieve (Charlo) Morigeau. He was the nephew of Tribal Elder Vic Charlo and the great-great-great grandson of Chief Charlo. Jacque took a quiet pride in his Native American heritage, and passed that pride on to his six children, sixteen grandchildren, and five great grandchildren.

In the sixties Jacque heard and answered his country's call. He enlisted in the US Army in 1962 at the age of 18 and served a total of 8 years, including two combat tours in Vietnam and a third trip as a civilian contractor. Jacque was a crew chief on a medivac helicopter and also served on a helicopter gunship, getting shot down on several occasions and engaging in firefights to survive. Upon his discharge Jacque made his living as a woodsman until becoming involved in the Tribal Law and Order program in several roles beginning in 1973. Jacque served in many positions there from relief dispatcher to lieutenant of patrol, working closely with his good friend, Ken Clairmont. Jacque was later instrumental in the creation of the adult parole and probation department serving as director for ten years until his retirement in March of 2007.

Jacque was a dedicated family man who greatly looked forward to holidays and gatherings with his family and extended family. Jacque enjoyed watching Nascar, and was an avid Griz fan, much to his daughter Lisa’s dismay. Jacque was also a LA Dodgers fan, but we overlooked that flaw in him. Jacque also enjoyed spending time watching his grandchildren play sports including basketball, softball and baseball. He lived a good life and will be remembered as having left this world a much better place for his having been a part of it. We will all miss him greatly but take peace in knowing he is in a better place. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend to everyone.

Jacque was preceded in passing by his parents and an infant son, Steven.

Jacque married Kathy Reynolds on March 7, 1961 and they later divorced. On July 18, 1981 Jacque married Jean Plouffe Morigeau who survives him at the family home in Ronan. He is also survived by his children: Dane (Malissa) of Arlee, Michelle (Casey) of Ronan, Chuck (Diane) of Elmo, Rod (Margarita) of Houston, TX, Lisa (Lennie) of Ronan, and Chris (Johleen) of Missoula; sixteen grandchildren and six great grand children. He also leaves behind his brothers, Charlie, Vic, and Audie and his sisters Toni, Stella and Denise. Jacque will also be missed by his many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Jacque was also an animal lover, and any dog that he took in had hit the jackpot, his four-legged pets, Killer, Peppy and Azrael will miss him dearly.

A public viewing for all Jacque’s friends and family was held on Sunday, November 9, 2008 at Grogan Funeral Home in Polson, who are handling the arrangements. A celebration of Jacque’s life was held on Monday, November 10, 2008 at the Ronan Community Center and Military Honors were presented. It was Jacque’s wish to be cremated, and there were no graveside services.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to any charity benefiting Parkinson’s Disease or to the Cheerful Heart Organization helping others battling cancer.

The guest book may be signed or a condolence sent to the family at

Tyler Chance Boushie
PABLO — Tyler Chance Boushie, 21, went to be with the Lord on November 3, 2008. Tyler was born October 24, 1987 in Browning.

Tyler attended Pablo Elementary and Two Eagle River School. Tyler was active in sports, he enjoyed riding and working with horses, and loved spending time with his family and friends. Tyler especially enjoyed his eight nephews, whom he was fond of giving nicknames to. He also liked to go to the Blackfeet Indian Reservation to spend time with his aunts, uncles and many cousins. Tyler was a caring, loving person who always had a heart for those in need. He was always willing to lend a hand. Tyler was employed with Mangles Seed Potatoes of Dillon for the past twelve years.

Tyler is survived by his parents Bill and Cindy Boushie of Pablo; his brothers Jack and Little Bill; sisters Katherine Marceau and Debbie Boushie all of Browning; sisters Susie, Misty and Louise Boushie of Pablo; his eight nephews, Chrisopher, Cael, Cailan, Chance, Billy, Dallan, Landon and Brandon of Pablo; and his aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

Tyler was preceded in death by his paternal grand parents Ed and Louise Boushie; his maternal grand parents Donald Wagner and Eileen Schildt Gilham, and Uncle Pete Boushie.

His wake began at Two Eagle River School on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 and continued through Friday. Mass was celebrated at the East Glacier Catholic Church on Monday, November 10, 2008, with burial following in the East Glacier Cemetery.

Pallbearers were Justin Marceau, Sean SwimsUnder, Marcus Azure, Shilo LaPlant, Gregory LaPlant, Donnie "Snowman" Wagner, George Bostwick, and Travis Couture. Honorary pallbearers are Junior Grenier, Beau Miller, Magnus Harlow, Cosmo Harlow, Jessica Old Person, Tyra Neilson, Bret Wagner and all his friends and family.