Although recent showers in some areas have moistened twigs, pine needles, leaves and grasses; the sun and wind will dry them quickly.
Large branches, logs and downed trees are still very dry and will burn with great intensity.
Help prevent unwanted human-caused wildfires. Follow these important tips:
- Don’t park or drive your vehicle in dry grass.
- Make sure chainsaws, ATVs and motorcycles have spark arresters.
- Dispose of wood ash properly. Don’t dump ashes on the ground.
- Don’t smoke near vegetation. Never throw cigarettes out of car windows.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Follow local restrictions on burning, using fireworks and building campfires.
Take steps to protect your property. Create a fire safe environment around your home by contacting your local fire department, fire agency or firewise.org.
Check with the local fire protection agency for the latest information
Wildfire Prevention Needs Your Attention.