NOTICE OF ELECTION
2019 TRIBAL COUNCIL ELECTION
of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes
In accordance with Article IV, of the Constitution and Bylaws of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, Montana, amended October 3, 1981. Notice is hereby given that on October 19. 2019 aPRIMARY ELECTION will be held for the purpose of filling the expired terms of Tribal Council seats. Declaration of Candidacy and Affidavit forms will be accepted by the ELECTION COMMITIEE beginning on August 12, 2019.
Eligibility Requirements For Council Candidates
Any enrolled member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation who reside in a District may announce his/her candidacy for Tribal Council for that District by notifying the Election Committee in writing of his/her candidacy no later than September 5, 2019 provided the following eligibility criteria are met:
- The candidate must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filing the application for candidacy and have been enrolled at least one year;
- The candidate must have personally, physically, and continuously resided and maintained a residence, with a verifiable street address or location (post office box addresses do not qualify as a street address or location) in his/her district not less than one year immediately preceding the Primary Election; and
- The candidate must never have been convicted of a felony (or if convicted of a felony, a full pardon given for that conviction) or impeached from public office.
- The candidate cannot be a named Plaintiff in any active or pending litigation against the Tribal Government or any Tribal program or Tribal entity.
Each application for candidacy must be accompanied with:
(1) A non-refundable $150.00 filing fee; and
(2) A signed sworn affidavit attesting to the candidate’s qualifications.
(The Candidate Affidavit forms are available from the Election Committee Office)
|Arlee District||MYRNA DUMONTIER||Expired Term|
|Dixon District||ANITA MATT||Expired Term|
|Hot Springs District||LEONARD GRAY||Expired Term|
|Pablo District||DENNIS CLAIRMONT||Expired Term|
|St. Ignatius District||RONALD TRAHAN||Expired Term|
|Len TwoTeeth||Shelly Fyant||Carole Lankford||Charmel Gillin||Fred Matt|
CONFEDERATED SALISH AND KOOTENAI TRIBES