PABLO — The LIHEAP Cooling Assistance Program begins June 1, 2020 thru August 31, 2020 depending on the availability of funds. Please do not submit application until your vendor credit is below $100
Also, the LIHEAP office has moved! We are now located in the basement of the main DHRD building. (The old Council Chambers) You can come to the office and pick up an application, or you may call and ask for one to be mailed.
It is your responsibility to pay your bill until your vendor receives your LIHEAP check! LIHEAP funds are not continuous and are designed to assist with energy needs. LIHEAP funding is not designed to pay your entire heating and/or cooling costs.
The LIHEAP Cooling Assistance Program does not provide fuel, propane, or any other Heating source. Cooling only.
The following documents are required for your application to be complete:
- Proof of all monthly gross income for all household members 18 and older, regardless of relationship (i.e. wage stub, food stamp verification, school funding, workman’s comp, unemployment, TANF, GA, WIOA, self-employment, contract income, foster care).
- Copy of your 2018 taxes.
- Your current award letter if receiving Social Security, SSI, SSD, Retirement, Veterans Benefits.
- Copy of your bank statement.
- Most recent bill from your power company.
- Copy of your enrollment verification and/or enrollment card
- Copy of Birth Certificate for all household members.
- Copy of Social Security Cards for all household members.
- Proof of residency if electricity bill is not in your name.
Your application will be processed within Twenty (20) business days if it is complete. Failure to provide any of the above documents will delay eligibility determination of your application and your application will not be accepted. If your application is not complete, it will be returned to you with all documentation.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application please contact Kimberly Lawson at 675-2700 EXT. 1371, or Michaellynn Alvarez at EXT. 1037.