PABLO — Join community members for the “Human Trafficking and the MMIP Connection- Identify and Respond -Community Engagement for Success” conference on August 27-29 in the Robert DePoe III building located on the campus of Salish Kootenai College.
This conference is sponsored by CSKT Tribal Council, Tribal Social Services, Tribal Health Department, Safe Harbor, S & K Technologies, and S & K Gaming, LLC.
Rooms available at Kwataqnuk Resort and Casino. Call (800) 882-6363 and mention “Human Trafficking and MMIP” to book your room at a discounted rate!
• We will have State officials (AG task force, Melissa Schlichting, Indian Affairs, Jason Smith, Michael LaValley, Jennifer Viets, Missing Persons Clearinghouse and Possibly a few others from DOJ
• Grassroots and Urban Indian Health panel
• Tribal Leaders panel or roundtable discussion
• Legislative update (Sharon Peregoy invited)
• Other panels and presentations on Drug Endangered Children, Legal Barriers, Secondary trauma, Human Trafficking Task Force, etc.
The three days will be facilitated by Jeri Moomaw, Executive Director, Innovations Human Trafficking Collaborative. There will be a broad overview of Human trafficking in tribal communities (including urban areas), Indicators of sex trafficking, Strategies for a coordinated response protocol, Increased vulnerabilities and how it connects to MMIP, group discussions, community focused action planning and the next steps.
Limited Seating so register now
Register at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4315286
For more information contact Jami Pluff at (406) 249-7921 or Shelly Fyant at (406) 546-5633.