The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests a practice of social distancing to aid in the prevention of Coronavirus exposure. On Thursday, Tribal Council ordered the restriction of all nonessential work-related travel for tribal employees.
Council will need to approve any work-related travel to known hot spots (Washington, California, Oregon, China, Iran, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy).
This applies to all employees at entities under CSKT including SKC, corporations, SKHA and all affiliated entities under the tribal government.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases,
In addition Council strongly advises the public to take precautions to limit their exposure to public places, crowds and events. Also, consider limiting handshakes and hugs.
This comes in the middle of basketball season. It is strongly advised that everyone follow CDC guidelines that include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel.
- Older adults and people with chronic medical conditions may be at increased risk for severe disease.
- Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and clean their hands often by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%–95% alcohol.
- Travelers should stay home for 14 days after returning to the United States and practice social distancing.
- Travelers that are sick with fever, cough, or have trouble breathing should call ahead before seeking medical care.
The Tribal Health staff is monitoring the situation, which is changing daily. Regular updates will be provided.