Details for Legal Notice
The following is the ballot statement of an amendment to the Montana Constitution to be submitted to the voters of the state of Montana at the November 3, 2020 General Election. The text below is being published per the requirement of 13-27-311(2) MCA, by Secretary of State Corey Stapleton.
CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT NO. 46 AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION PROPOSED BY THE LEGISLATURE
AN ACT SUBMITTING TO THE QUALIFIED ELECTORS OF MONTANA AN AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE XIV, SECTION 9, OF THE MONTANA CONSTITUTION TO REVISE THE METHOD OF QUALIFYING A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT BY INITIATIVE FOR THE BALLOT; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
The 2019 Legislature submitted this constitutional amendment for a vote. C-46 modifies the state constitution to specify proposed petitions for constitutional amendments from the people must be signed by at least ten percent of the qualified electors in two-fifths of the legislative districts. It repeals a different standard found to be unconstitutional in 2005.
( ) YES on Constitutional Amendment C-46
( ) NO on Constitutional Amendment C-46
- Understanding your Ballot: the Montana Voter Information Pamphlet
- Obtaining Military Records and Medals
- Montana State Prison logs first COVID-19 cases among inmates, continues to track virus among staff
- Amending Montana’s Constitution and Enacting Laws with your Ballot
- Drive-through flu vaccination event inoculated more than 700 people
- Anglers close in on 10k lake trout caught at 2020 Fall Mack Days
- Fighting for patient protections while attacking ACA — Hard to have it both ways
- CSKT Economic Development Office awards six grants to tribal businesses
- ATTENTION TRIBAL MEMBERS & 1st Descendants
- Attention tribal elders over 65
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.