|May 15, 2014
Listen up, May is Better Speech and Hearing Month
ST. IGNATIUS — May is “Better Speech and Hearing Month,” and the Tribal Health Audiology Program is inviting the public to the St. Ignatius THHS Clinic on Tuesday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to noon, and 1-4 p.m., to learn more about the program and to get or schedule hearing examinations.
There will be refreshments available and folks can enter a drawing for a set of TV ears.
Consider the following:
• More than 38 million Americans have hearing loss, but less than a quarter of them seek help.
• Does your family complain about your hearing?
• Do you have ringing in yours ears?
• Do you avoid gatherings, due to your hearing?
• Do you notice that your child doesn’t pronounce words correctly or not speaking at their age level?
• Have you suffered complications due to a stroke or head injury?
If you have any of the aforementioned problems you are encouraged to make an audiology appointment for an evaluation as soon as possible.
For more information, call: 745-3525, ext. 5010.