|March 14, 2013
Pesticide applicator renewal credit training set for March 16
POLSON — A Pesticide Applicator Training tailored for farm applicators holding a Private Applicator License will be held Saturday, March 16 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., CSKT Flathead Lake Senior Citizens Center.
Montana is divided in five regions for private pesticide applicator training (PAT). Lake County and the Flathead Reservation are located in Region 1. Region 1 licenses expire December 31, 2013. To maintain your current license you must acquire 6 private applicator re-certification credits, or points, before the end of the recertification cycle.
Private/Farm Applicator License holders will receive 6 recertification credits for the training and Commercial/Government applicators will receive 5 recertification credits in the following categories: Dealer (10), Ag Plant Pest (30), Right-of-Way, Rangeland, Pasture & Non-Crop Pest (37), Demo and Research Pest (39), and Weed (55).
The agenda includes the following topics:
• Whitetop Control
• Livestock as a Weed Management Tool
• Effective Control of Pocket Gophers
• Inspections – How to Prepare
• Insects of Concern (grasshoppers)
• Worker Protection Standard
For this training, a registration fee of $7 is applied to your lunch and supplies. For registration and further information, please contact the Flathead Reservation Extension Office at 675-2700, ext. 7375 or 7378, or email email@example.com. Preregistration forms are available on the Flathead Reservation Extension Facebook page.
Additional trainings available in March:
• Friday, March 8 at the Plains Grange Hall – Contact John Halpop, MSU Sanders County Extension for more details 727-6934
• Friday, March 22 at the Ronan Community Center – Contact Jack Stivers, MSU Lake County Extension for more details 676-4271